When correctly installed and maintained, oil storage tanks from Maskell Heating services will remain in excellent condition for several years. “Future proofing” your tank in this way is essential: it prevents problems with oil delivery and reduces any poor performance issues with your boiler and Aga.
Don’t forget: proof of regular maintenance checks (OFTEC recommends annually) is a distinct advantage should you need to claim on your tank manufacturer’s guarantee.
We offer two levels of maintenance packages, each for a one-off yearly fee:
Silver Maintenance Scheme
A high quality, service check providing the essentials to keep your oil storage tank safe and secure. We will:
- Check over the entire tank, making sure that all the lids and ancillary equipment are in good working order.
- Replace the filter element (we will levy a charge if there’s more than one).
- Check any inspection hatches, ensuring that there are no leaks.
- Make sure that the base of the tank is in good working order
- Supply and fit a new sight gauge tube if you have a single tank. You’ll be able to keep an eye on the oil levels and there will be less spillage when oil is delivered. (NB: sight gauges are no longer permitted in bunded tanks)
- Water dip the tank to remove any water caused by condensation that has gathered in the lower part of your tank. Eliminating this helps your boiler and/or Aga to keep working at its best.
- If you have a bunded tank, check the bund for any oil or water.
Gold Maintenance Scheme
All our Gold Maintenance Service customers benefit from everything included in the Silver Scheme, PLUS we will:
- Cut back and dispose of any extraneous foliage around the tank; we’ll also kill any surrounding weeds with pet-friendly chemicals.
- Send you our annual newsletter to keep you up to speed with current regulations, as well as details of our new equipment and special offers.
For both packages, checking the fire valves on the supply line is our final task. We’ll make sure that you have the correct valve and ensure that it’s in good working order.
Contact us for more information. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.