Our oil storage tanks will remain in excellent condition for several years when correctly installed and maintained.
Quality maintenance is an essential way to prevent and reduce problems with oil delivery or performance in the future.
Regular annual maintenance checks are recommended by OFTEC and are a distinct advantage should you need to claim on your tank manufacturer’s guarantee.
To help you with this, we offer two levels of maintenance packages:
Our Silver Maintenance
A high quality, service check providing the essentials to keep your oil storage tank safe and secure. We will:
- Check over the entire tank, making sure that all the lids and ancillary equipment are in good working order.
- Replace the filter element (we will levy a charge if there’s more than one).
- Check any inspection hatches, ensuring that there are no leaks.
- Make sure that the base of the tank is in good working order.
- Supply and fit a new sight gauge tube if you have a single skinned tank. You’ll be able to keep an eye on the oil levels and there will be less spillage when oil is delivered. (NB: sight gauges are no longer permitted in bunded tanks)
- Water dip the tank to see if there is any water present. We can remove the water at a later date at an additional cost. Eliminating this helps your boiler and/or Aga to keep working at its best.
- If you have a bunded tank, check the bund for any oil or water.
Our Gold Maintenance
All our Gold Maintenance Service customers benefit from everything included in the Silver, PLUS we will:
- Cut back and dispose of any extraneous foliage around the tank; we’ll also kill any surrounding weeds with pet-friendly chemicals.
- Send you our annual newsletter to keep you up to speed with current regulations, as well as details of our new equipment and special offers.
For a friendly, informal chat about how we can help